Deadline: 10 February 2017
Open to: youth workers from Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Romania, Spain and Portugal
Venue: 4-13 March 2017, Viana do Castelo, Portugal
The purpose of the Traning Course is to explore contemporary dance as a tool in youth work by personal experience, practice and physical training. We offer a practical, easy to follow process promoting participation and responsibility on individual and community level. Main focus is the development of creativity and entrepreneurial skills, in the context of local communities, NGOs, or small business initiatives and projects involving a larger number of people.
- 80-90% of the program is pure practicing and improvement, 8-10 hours of physical movement/day. Professional instruction and coaching is provided by the trainers.
- GYM: every morning (physical training, practicing the basics, tricks)
- WORKSHOPS FOR SELF‐DISCOVERY: days 1‐3 (explore how you interact)
- REHEARSALS & PERFORMANCES: days 2‐8 (make a performance from zero)
- WORKSHOPS BY PARTICIPANTS: days 3‐5 (share techniques, dance styles, best practices)
- LEARNING QUESTIONS & REFLECTION: every morning (set a learning question, reflect on your progress, share)
- Young people coming from Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Romania, Spain or Portugal;
- You work with youth groups and use methods of non-formal education;
- Considering to do so as a career option as professional or as volunteer – e.g. in community work, cultural work, sports, dance, theater, circus, art, creative expression, youth work or any other form of education;
- You want to dance;
- You are physically and mentally ready to take 10-12 hours of physical movement/day (if you are not sure, please consult your doctor, and contact us);
- You are willing to live, learn, play, experiment and explore together in a multicultural and multigenerational group for 9 days.
- Participant’s contribution of 50 EUR;
- Accommodation, meals, travel costs covered.
How to apply?
To apply, please fill out the application form till 10 February 2017.
For more information see the official infoletter.