Deadline: 17 February 2017/ for Facilitators; 24 February 2017/ for Volunteers
Open to: nationals of ASEAN countries, with experiences in volunteerism and leadership, passionate about DRR and serving communities in need
Grant: seed grants with a maximum value of USD 2,000.00
The ASEAN Youth Volunteer Programme (AYVP) 2017 is in its fifth year and 2017 will see it being held in the Indonesia from 1st to 26th August 2017 focusing on the thematic area of the Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR). This programme, developed and implemented by Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (The National University of Malaysia – UKM), under the auspices of the Ministry of Youth and Sports Malaysia, with the support of the ASEAN Secretariat and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), will be working closely with the implementing partner in the Indonesia, Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB).
The theme this year is the Development of ASEAN Youth DRR Leaders through Volunteerism and Community Engagement.
For a month (1-26 August 2017), 50 DRR-Leaders will be equipped with leadership competencies through workshops and hands-on activities as they work with each other and local communities to discover the ASEAN identity and the role that ASEAN youth can play in the community, with a specific focus on the DRR issues. On project sites also, they will engage the local communities on issues related to Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR). When they head back to their home countries, they are expected to carry out their own community projects that will contribute to the resilience of Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) issues in ASEAN.
- Nationals of ASEAN countries;
- Aged 18-30 years old;
- Fluent in the English language;
- Have experiences in volunteerism and leadership, passionate about DRR and serving communities in need; preferably with experience and/or training in disaster management on natural hazards such as earthquakes, floods, droughts, typhoon, cyclones and whatnot;
- Have DRR project idea that will benefit the community in their home countries!
- Organisers will cover the 2-way flight, accommodation at Institut Teknologi Bandung (Institute of Technology Bandung – ITB)s, local transportation, meals and insurance for all 50 participants;
- Halal food will be served throughout to cater to the majority of Muslim participants including vegetarian food upon request;
- The first and last weeks will be spent at Institut Teknologi Bandung (Institute of Technology Bandung – ITB); the second and third weeks will be spent on two project sites in Bandung, Indonesia. The four weeks accommodation will be at the Institut Teknologi Bandung (Institute of Technology Bandung – ITB).
Successful proposals will be awarded seed grants with a maximum value of USD 2,000.00.
How to Apply?
If you are interested in this program Apply here.
Application deadline for Facilitators: February 17, 2017.
Application deadline for Volunteers: February 24, 2017.
The selection will be based on individual merits. Only shortlisted volunteers will be notified. This will be followed by online selection and phone interviews conducted for shortlisted candidates. The selected participants will be notified via email.
More information on the official website.