Deadline: 23 February, 2017
Open to: national of a World Bank member developing country
Scholarship: include economy class air travel, tuition for graduate program and the cost of basic medical insurance
The Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) ) is open to women and men from developing countries with relevant professional experience and a history of supporting their countries’ development efforts who are applying to a master degree program in a development-related topic. JJWBGSP offers scholarships for over 200 Preferred Programs (.xlsx 49 KB) spanning a wide array of development topics and for 14 Partner Programs (.xlsx 15 KB) at universities in U.S., Africa and Japan in key areas of development, including economic policy management, tax policy, and infrastructure management. JJWBGSP scholarships for developing country nationals are not available for any other master degree program.
Developing Country nationals must:
- Be a national of a World Bank member developing country;
- Not hold dual citizenship of a developed country;
- Be in good health;
- Hold a Bachelor (or equivalent) degree earned at least 3 years prior to the Application Deadline date;
- Have 3 years or more of recent development-related experience after earning a Bachelor (or equivalent) degree;
- Be accepted unconditionally to enrol in the upcoming academic year in at least one of the JJWBGSP Preferred or Partner masters degree Programs;
The JJ/WBGSP scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- Economy class air travel between your home country and the host university at the start of your study program and immediately following the end of the scholarship period. In addition to the two-way air travel, scholars will receive a US $500 travel allowance for each trip;
- Tuition for your graduate program and the cost of basic medical insurance usually obtained through the university.
- A monthly subsistence allowance to cover living expenses, including books. The amount of the allowance varies depending on the host country.
How to Apply?
An application will be accepted and reviewed if the applicant submits only one completed application electronically through the online application site by the application deadline.
For more information please visit the official web page