Deadline: 1 March 2017
Open to: applicants from Eastern Europe, Russia, countries of Central Asia and Caucasus
Scholarship: monthly stipend
The Government of the Republic of Poland offers scholarships for a research stay on Polish universities to young academicians from Eastern Europe, Russia, Central Asia and Caucasus. Language School East was established in 1999. In the context of East European Studies. Initially only work for “Eastern Studies”, and now is also open to other interested parties as a whole school Faculty of Oriental Studies, University of Warsaw.
The following criteria must be met for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- University Diploma (4 or 5-year studies ending with a defence of a bachelor diploma or master thesis), preferably in the humanities: history, international relations, political sciences, journalism, sociology, ethnology, cultural sciences, social psychology, administration, management and law;
- Age limit: 35;
- General knowledge of the general issues concerning one of the fields mentioned above or similar areas, particularly in the 19 and 20 centuries;
- Knowledge of the Polish language at a level guaranteeing that the student can understand the lectures and do the required reading – is essential;
- In extraordinary cases, there is a possibility to qualify candidates without the knowledge of the Polish language. Such scholarship holders will be, however, obligated to learn The Polish language individually and after getting notification of being qualified to the Program, they will have to take part in an additional intensive course of Polish language in August 2013.
This scholarship is available to study the Polish language;
The scholarship is 300 USD per month;
The scholarship holders should individually cover the costs of accommodation and feeding.
How to Apply?
The complete set of documents should be submitted by post or delivered personally (with an envelope annotation “Scholarship Program for Young Academicians”) to the counterpart Polish diplomatic outposts. Complete set of documents scanned, preferably in JPG format, shall also be sent by e-mail: stypendia.studium-at-suw.edu.pl.
- A copy of University diploma equivalent to Polish Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or an official document confirming participation in doctoral studies or working;
- Precisely completed application form;
- Concise letter of motivation is indicating major of studies chosen by the candidate, possibly;
- A project of research work;
- Curriculum vitae is written in Polish or English language, in the reverse chronological order, in which the most recent events are listed first, including one photograph in a paper or electronic version (converted to JPG);
- List of all academic publications, most significant academic written work, professional or academic projects;
- Certificates confirming candidate’s knowledge of Polish and English language;
- Other information, documents that the candidate believes might assist the Commission in evaluating his or her application.