Deadline: 30 April 2017
Open to: writers from Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia and Ukraine
Fellowship: 5,000 EUR for a three-month stay in any of the Central European Initiative Member States
The Central European Initiative Fellowship for Writers in Residence is an award aimed at encouraging cross-border cooperation and promotion in the field of literature for young writers from Central European countries not yet part of the European Union.
The fellowship winner will be guest of the 32nd Vilenica International Literary Festival which will take place from 6 to 10 September 2017 at various locations in Slovenia. The fellowship winner will be officially announced at the press conference at the beginning of September, and fellowship will be awarded to him or her at the festival. The candidate is eligible for the fellowship from 6 September 2017 until 6 September 2018. Within 60 days after completion of the residency, the candidate must submit a written report.
Applicants eligible for the fellowship are writers from all genres under 35 (born after 1982 – from 1 January 1983 onwards) from CEI Member States, which are not part of the European Union (Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia and Ukraine).
The fellowship is endowed with a cash award of EUR 5,000 for a three-month stay in any of the Central European Initiative Member States, selected by the candidate.
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 30 April 2017.
Applications must be received in a sealed envelope by regular mail.
Slovene Writers’ Association
(Writer in Residence)
The application must include the following obligatory enclosures:
- A filled in registration form;
- A biography of the applicant in English (max. 1800 characters without spaces);
- Copy of a valid ID or passport with the visible date and place of birth, and the citizenship of the applicant;
- A bibliography of the applicant in English (max. 3600 characters without spaces);
- A description in English of the project to be undertaken during the three-month residence
(2000 – 4500 characters without spaces). The project must be a literary work (all genres and themes), not a research project;
- One original signed letter of recommendation in English (max. 1800 characters without spaces, letters without the original signature will not be considered).
More information in the official call.