Deadline: 28 February 2017
Open to: all university students and citizens of Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Macedonia, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia and Slovenia
Prizes: 1st Prize: Laptop/ 2nd Prize: Smartphone/ 3rd Prize: Android Tablet
Join Understanding China: An international contest for CEE university students! The 16+1 cooperation between China and its sixteen Central and Eastern European partners has become one of the most interesting initiatives of our region. Budapest was the host of the first highlevel meeting between the two parties in 2011, followed by the first summit in Warsaw in 2012 and the annual summits in Bucharest, Belgrade, and finally in Suzhou, China. Political relations are flourishing, Chinese companies are thriving the CEE region, as more and more tourists arrive in our countries from the Middle Kingdom. However, people-to-people exchanges are somewhat lagging behind the pace of economic and trade developments. Having realised the importance of mutual understanding, the Central and Eastern European Center for Asian Studies and the Antall József Knowledge Centre would like to further promote the 16+1 cooperation by organising an international knowledge contest for university students of CEE countries in 2017.
The aim of the contest is to raise awareness of the importance of China and the 16+1 cooperation throughout the CEE region, with a special focus on the next generation of leaders, entrepreneurs, and intellectuals in the sixteen participating countries.
Contenders are welcome to choose their specific topic in the following areas: – Foreign Policy of China in the 21st Century – Social Challenges in Contemporary China – Economics of China – The Global Role of China – Internationalisation of the RMB and the Banking System of China.
- All university students and citizens of Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Macedonia, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia and Slovenia are welcome to join the contest;
- The age limit of the participants is 28.
All expenses, including international travel and accommodation in Budapest, will be covered by the organisers.
- 1st Prize: Laptop;
- 2nd Prize: Smartphone;
- 3rd Prize: Android Tablet.
How to enter?
The contest has two rounds:
- Fill the quiz: Based on the results of the quiz, the organisers will invite the best-performing students to write an abstract of their research paper (450-500 words). A scientific jury will select the best abstracts to be developed into a full, scientific-quality research paper about modern Chinese economics, politics, society or foreign affairs (5000 words);
- The second, live round will take place in Budapest, where all national champions will present their papers. The final winners will be selected by a jury of high-profile international experts and diplomats from the CEE countries and from China, who will also assess the quality of the papers and their presentation.
First, second, and third place will all receive a prize. For further information visit our website or if you have any questions feel free to contact: [email protected]
More information in the official call.