Deadline: 23 March 2017
Open to: senior undergraduate students, graduate students, doctoral students, researchers
The ASM Workshop on Scientific Writing and Publishing aims to assist in the development of the
skills needed to write and submit scientific manuscripts with the ultimate goal of improving the
dissemination of research and enhanced knowledge sharing. Best practices for developing both the
content and presentation of a manuscript will be outlined and the ethics and logistics of submitting
manuscripts for publication will be examined.
Identify importance of scientific writing and publishing and related challenges
- Acquire techniques on getting organized before you write and tips to facilitate the writing process;
- Identify the qualities of effective figures and legends;
- Acquire techniques for writing each section of the manuscript and common mistakes to avoid;
- Learn how to craft impactful titles and construct a meaningful abstract;
- Acquire best practices for selecting a journal and an understanding of the manuscript review process;
- Develop an understanding of the ethics of scientific writing.
No enrollment fee. A certificate of completion will be issued at the end of the workshop
How to apply?
Reserve your seat before DATE by filling the application form.
REGISTRATION Deadline: 22 February 2017
If you have any questions please contact Mariami Beridze ([email protected]), young Ambassador of Science at American Society for Microbiology.