Open to: students and graduates
Humanium is a Geneva based children’s rights NGO, and they are looking for awareness-raising and legal advice intern(s).
The tasks involve:
- Raising awareness: the intern will help to raise-awareness about the situation of children’s rights in the world through writing blog articles, updating country profiles, and conducting online campaign;
- Legal advice: the intern will work on the Helpline, where s/he will give advice on real cases concerning children, liaise with our alliance of lawyers, and answer any questions regarding children’s rights, the CRC, etc.;
- Communication: s/he will be involved in communication on social media (Twitter and Facebook), and conduct online campaigns;
- Fundraising: occasionally, the intern may also be involved in finding financial partners to support our projects, and drafting grant submissions;
- Other tasks as needed.
- University education: MA in International Law, Human Rights, Development, or International Relations (current students welcome!);
- Languages: Fluent written and spoken English. We are especially interested in candidates who, in addition to English, are also fluent in French and/or Spanish and/or German;
- Very independent and disciplined;
- Strong sense of responsibility and ability to take initiative;
- It is indispensable to have constant access to a high-speed internet connection;
- Attendance at team meetings every Wednesday is required. The rest of the time is flexible.
This opportunity, although unpaid, is very formative for someone who wants to get an oversight into the work of an NGO, learn a variety of skills, and gain in independence and initiative. The possibility to try different tasks (Fundraising, Communications, Awareness-raising) will help you add value to your CV.
You will also learn to use WordPress (website management tool), Insightly (contact management tool), and Canva (to create visuals). This internship is home-based, which allows you to manage your schedule around the internship and other activities.
How to apply?
Interested candidates should fill in the application form and attach their CV.
Apply to: [email protected]
For more information please visit the official website.