Deadline: 4 June 2017
Open to: young people maximum 25 years of age
Award: USD 1,000
PLURAL + is a youth-produced video festival which encourages young people to explore migration, diversity and social inclusion, and to share their creative vision with the world.
PLURAL + is a joint initiative between the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations and the International Organization for Migration, with a network of over 50 partner organizations, who support the creative efforts of young people and distribute their videos worldwide.
PLURAL+ recognizes youth as powerful agents of social change, and supports cooperative efforts to reduce tensions in a world often characterized by conflict and division.
PLURAL+ aims to support dialogue between young people from different cultures, and in the process, increase awareness and respect for diversity.
- Entrants to PLURAL+ must be of maximum 25 years of age at the time of the production of the video submitted to PLURAL+;
- People appearing in the video do not have to be youth. However the videos must reflect the youth’s opinions or reflections about migration, diversity and social inclusion;
- Multiple youth may work together to make one video, as long as all members of the group are maximum 25 years of age at the time of the production of the video submitted to PLURAL+;
- Only minimal roles of any adults (over the age of 25) involved in the making of the video (e.g. educators, teachers, instructors, etc.) is acceptable (group coordination, technical support, renting equipment, etc.). It is understood that particularly for the age group of up to 12 years, educators could have a more substantial role in the production of the video;
- If multiple youth work together on one video then the video will be judged in the age category of the entrant who has a primary role in the creation of the video.
The PLURAL+ JURY AWARD prizes will be awarded in three (3) age-based categories:
- Up to 12 years old;
- 13 to 17 years old;
- 18 to 25 years old.
The 3 winners of the PLURAL+ JURY AWARD will each receive USD 1,000 after the PLURAL+ 2017 Awards Ceremony
One representative of each PLURAL+ International Jury Award winner will be invited to New York, with airfare and hotel accommodation paid, to present their work at the PLURAL+ 2017 Awards Ceremony in New York in the fall of 2017. Only a youth entrant with one chaperone for each winning video will be flown to New York.
Additional awards may be given by PLURAL+ partners and may include equipment, travel or professional opportunities.
How to Apply?
- All entries must include a fully completed and signed entry form, including co-signature by a parent, guardian, teacher or responsible adult if the entrant is a minor in his/her country of residence;
- The official language of the PLURAL+ Video Festival is English.
- Packages containing DVD entries must be posted by Sunday, 4 June 2017;
- File hosting website must be received by the PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival before Midnight (New York City Time GMC -5hours) on Sunday, 4 June 2017.
For more information on submitting application and other rules please visit the official web page.