Deadline: 24 March 2017
Open to: youth workers in the field of social advocacy
Venue: Surami, Georgia
The Cinema for Social Rights has several elements. It starts with “ENTERtainment”, an International training for improvement of youth workers’ competences. During the ENTERtainment, participants will be trained for and expected to develop advocacy strategies and action plans.
- Youth workers working with young people and/or within the field of social advocacy;
- Social workers, teachers and/or other professionals working in the field of social rights of young people and youth policies;
- Motivated to develop advocacy competences and use them in supporting the improvement of access to social rights of young people particularly ones coming from disadvantaged neighborhoods and facing fewer opportunities;
- Be 18-30 years old (we do welcome a certain percentage of older participants;
- Be able to work in English;
- To be citizens of one of the following Council of Europe member states: Former Yugoslavian Republic of Macedonia, Georgia, Greece, The Netherlands, Portugal, Serbia, Estonia, Denmark, Russian federation, United Kingdom, Turkey, Romania, Spain, Armenia, Bulgaria, Albania, Croatia (few exception can be made for participants representing other Council of Europe member states).
- All participants are required to pay a participation fee of 30 euros. The fee is deducted from the refund of travel expenses. Visa costs will be fully reimbursed;
- International travel costs will be reimbursed up to 70% of the total amount of the ticket;
- Participants will be accommodated in summer cottages in Surami Training Center for Youth.