Deadline: 30 March 2017
Open to: artists with university degree
Fellowship: stipend amounting to Euro 1,150 monthly (3 months maxiumum)
Artists from the disciplines of architecture, visual arts, performing arts, design, literature and time-based media are invited to apply until March 30, 2017. All former and current fellows of Akademie Schloss Solitude are invited to apply.
The collaboration is based on the development of Platform 12, an experimental space designed by the artistic duo Wimmelforschung in collaboration with Bosch as part of Bosch’s new center for research and advance engineering. The platform serves as a creative hub and room for reflection as well as communication for all researchers. It offers an environment that allows its employees to work independently from the organizational structure of the company. As an essential feature, Platform 12 contains a permanent collaboration with Akademie Schloss Solitude, in the framework of which artists of various disciplines intervene into the company’s structure and organization as indirect observers and instigators from outside.
- Individuals can apply for a fellowship. Persons up to 35 or if older who have completed a university or college degree within the past five years are welcome to apply. Several fellowships are also awarded regardless of the applicant’s age. Currently enrolled university or college students (at the time of application) will not be considered for selection;
- The fellowship is a residence fellowship; continuous daily presence (Mo-Fr) on Platform 12 is mandatory;
- Prior to the fellowship there is minimum one-day attendance mandatory for orientation as well as a first meeting with Wimmelforschung and Robert Bosch GmbH in Stuttgart and an interview before and after the fellowship;
- Good language skills in English are essential, language skills in German are favored.
- The funding period amounts to maximal 3 months;
- A stipend amounting to Euro 1,150 monthly (plus one-time expenses incurred by the fellowship holder travelling to and from Stuttgart from his or her primary place of residence);
- If applicable, a project-related budget for the realization of a project;
- A combined apartment studio, furnished with electricity, water and heat free of charge;
- For the duration of the fellowship the respective artist in her or his role as agent will be mentored by Wimmelforschung and Akademie Schloss Solitude.
How to apply?
The application is made online. Submitted material should include:
- A concept text (max. 1 Din A4 page);
- A motivation letter (max. 1 Din A4 page);
- A short biography and informative portfolio or documentation on previous artistic work.
All documents should be sent exclusively in PDF format via e-mail to: [email protected]
The next two fellowships will be awarded for the periods of May 1, 2017 to July 31, 2017 and August 1, 2017 to October 31, 2017.
The deadline for applications for both periods is March 30, 2017, 12 p.m. CET/MEZ.
For more information please visit the official web page.