Deadline: 7 April 2017
Open to: entrepreneurs, social innovators, students, designers, makers, tech enthusiasts, educators across Europe
Award: the 3 winners of the competition will each receive a prize of EUR 50,000
The 2017 Social Innovation Competition aims to make technological change and digital transformation more inclusive. Take a chance, enter the competition and submit your idea!
The 2017 European Social Innovation Competition seeks to ‘reboot’ equality by inspiring fresh and energetic approaches to digital inclusion, connectivity, and skills development.
The competition is looking for inspiring ideas, large and small, from people all around Europe who believe in building a truly inclusive economy and making the most of skills and technologies to close the gap in our society.
Ideas could include, but are not limited to:
- New technologies and business models that make the digital economy more inclusive or use collaborative solutions to reduce inequality;
- Innovations that empower disadvantaged people to fully participate in the digital economy and gain revenue from employment or entrepreneurship;
- Initiatives that equip those at risk of being shut out of the labour market with the appropriate skills to shape the knowledge economy, such as creativity, communication or problem-solving;
- Solutions to protect and support low wage/skilled workers in the evolving labour market.
The competition is open to:
- Entrepreneurs, social innovators, students, designers, makers, tech enthusiasts, educators, and people from diverse backgrounds across Europe;
- Individuals, groups and organisations across the European Union and in countries participating in the European Horizon 2020 programme (see list).
The 3 winners of the competition will each receive a prize of EUR 50,000.
How to apply?
Entries must be received on line through the ‘Submit an entry’ button below.
You will be asked to answer 7 questions in a maximum total of 1,000 words. Don’t leave this chance to others, all good ideas are welcome!
The competition is open for entries until 7 April 2017.
For more information please visit the official web page.