Deadline: 7 April 2017
Open to: young people between the ages of 18 and 29 years old, in Latin America and the Caribbean countries
Venue: 28 May – 1 June 2017 in Colón, Panama
From 28 May to the 1st of June 2017, the “Regional Consultation on Youth, Peace and Security: Voices of youth in Latin America and the Caribbean” will be held in Colón, Panamá, where the contributions of young people in preventing violence and conflict and promoting and strengthening of peace will be discussed and analysed. This event would not be possible without the collaboration and exchange amongst the following organizations: OAS, UNDP, UNESCO, UNFPA, UNHCR, UN Peacebuilding Support Office, UN Volunteers and UN Women.
Youth between 18 and 29 years old; as explicitly stated in Security Council Resolution 2250. Young people interested in participating in the consultation should have broad work experience on issues related to peace and security at the local, national, regional or global level. The topics will be:
- Development cooperation;
- Humanitarian action;
- Peace processes;
- Promotion, awareness-building and defense of human rights;
- Social cohesion and social fabric recovery;
- Local and national governance processes;
- Activism through civil society: Advocacy;
- Prevention of youth violence: gangs;
- Reconciliation and access to justice;
- Citizen security;
- Gender violence, especially sexual violence;
- Promotion of gender equality;
- Promotion, awareness-building and defense of human rights, with emphasis on sexual and reproductive rights.
The Organizing Committee of the Consultation will cover the cost of international travel, accommodation and daily subsistence for 70 participants.
How to apply?
Young people interested in participating can complete the registration form until the 7 th of April 2017. Once the form is completed, you can send your response to the following email address: [email protected],. Remember to attach your resume / CV and your statement of motivation and send all these documents to this same email address. If you have any questions, please write to us at the mentioned email.
In order to apply, please .
For more information please visit the official web page.