Deadline: 20 July 2017
Open to: citizens of ADB’s developing member countries
Scholarship: fully funded
The ADB-Japan Scholarship program aims to provide an opportunity for well-qualified citizens of ADB’s developing member countries to undertake postgraduate studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions in the Asia-Pacific region. The University of Auckland is one of the participating academic institution.
The University of Auckland programs covered by this scholarship scheme are limited to the following:
- Master of Public Health;
- Master of Science (Environmental Science);
- Master of Arts (Development Studies);
- Master of International Business;
- Masters Programmes in Engineering.
- Be a national of an ADB borrowing member. For a list of current developing member countries visit ADB – Japan Scholarship Programme;
- Have gained admission to an approved masters at an approved academic institution;
- Have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with a superior academic record;
- Have at least two years of full-time professional work experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application;
- Be proficient in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies;
- Be under 35 years old at the time of application. In exceptional cases, for programs which are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years;
- Be in good health;
- Agree to return to your home country after completing the program.
- Tuition fees at the University of Auckland;
- Airfare from the scholar’s home country to Auckland, New Zealand;
- Basic cost of living in Auckland;
- Health and medical insurance in New Zealand;
- Airfare from Auckland, New Zealand, to the scholar’s home country at the conclusion of his or her course of study;
- For scholars engaged in research, a special grant may be available for thesis preparation.
How to apply?
In order to apply please fill the application.
For more information please visit the official web page.