Deadline: 1 May 2017
Open to: young people in the ASEAN countries
Benefits: Scale Up Grant worth up to 10,000 USD
UN Volunteers Asia and the Pacific invites young people in the ASEAN countries to join the challenge.
Under the theme “Impact ASEAN”, Youth Volunteering Innovation Challenge (YVIC) supports volunteers to catalyze youth-led innovation for social impact and sustainable development by providing access to mentors and capital they need to grow and scale up their projects.
YVIC is looking for projects that focus on mobilizing volunteering for:
- Localization of the SDGs;
- Sustainable behavior;
- Developing skills for life and work.
The focus of this regional workshop is to select and support teams whose projects have already been prototyped and are in the implementation and growth stage.
- A team of 2-3 people;
- All team members should be aged 18-30;
- All team members must be currently residing in their home country: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore;
- If selected, the winning teams must be able to work with their mentor after the workshop for 3 months;
- Projects should demonstrate collaborative approaches of working with various partners from government, grassroots organizations, communities, networks.
- All paid trip to Bangkok, Thailand to attend the regional workshop as a team of 2 or 3.
- Scale-Up Grant worth up to 10,000 USD and mentorship from YVIC partners on growth and expansion for 3 teams for the following 3 months.
How to apply?
In order to apply please fill the application.
For more information please visit the official web page.