Deadline: 22 May 2017
Open to: international students are those students holding a degree
Scholarship: monthly stipend, free accommodation
The University of Messina (UniME) offers n. 40 scholarships for international students enrolling to a UniME two-year long Master degree programme (Laurea Magistrale) in the a.y. 2017/2018. In accordance with provisions of art. 5 of the present Call, selected candidates will benefit from a 100€ monthly grant, free accommodation in one of the UniME student Halls of Residence and exemption from the payment of tuition fees for the whole duration of the degree course. For the purposes of the Call, international students are those students holding a degree awarded by a foreign University (not Italian) whilst with the term “enrollment” it is considered the registration to the first year of a Master degree course (Laurea Magistrale). Registration to the second year of a Master degree programme (Laurea Magistrale), transfer from another UniME degree course from another University are not considered as enrollment.
In order to apply for the scholarship, candidates must hold:
- Degree awarded by a foreign University recognized as being appropriate to enroll to a Master degree programme (Laurea Magistrale);
- Certificate of Italian language (B2 level) issued by the C.L.I.Q. (Certificazione Lingua Italiania di Qualità) system (in case of enrollment to a Master degree programme taught in Italian) or a certificate of English language TOEFL iBT internet based (Test of English as a Foreign Language);
- Candidate’s previous studies (transcript of records) considering the learning outcomes of the selected UniME Master degree programme (Laurea Magistrale);
- Curriculum vitae with learning and working experience (up to 30 points);
- Motivation letter and/or recommendation letter from the University awarding the previous academic position (up to 20 points).
- EUR 100 monthly grant;
- Free accommodation in one of the UniME student Halls of Residence;
- Exemption from the payment of tuition fees for the whole duration of the programme;
- Candidates must deal with pre-enrollment procedures at the Italian Diplomatic/Consular Authority in the country where the degree has been awarded for the issue of the visa.
How to Apply?
Candidates must apply online. In the application, candidates must indicate the Master degree programme (Laurea Magistrale) to which he/she wants to enroll. The following things should be included in the application:
- Curriculum vitae;
- Language certificate;
- Motivation letter or/and a Reference letter provided by the University/Higher Education Institution (HEI) where the candidate gained the degree/latest qualification;
- Official transcript of records of previous studies in English or translated into Italian by a competent Italian authority (Embassy/Consular if abroad);
- Photocopy of a valid passport. After the first on-line access it is possible to save the application and modify/integrate it in further sessions.
The application will be processed only if duly filled and “submitted”. Once the application is submitted it cannot be modified.