Deadline: 16 June 2017
Open to: full time university students including (undergraduate, postgraduates and doctoral students), college and polytechnics students
Venue: 11 – 15 September in Singapore
Lee Kuan Yew Global Business Plan Competition (LKYGBPC) derives its name from Singapore’s founding prime minister, who developed the country’s defining business plan bringing the Asian city onto the global stage. It is this spirit of intelligence, entrepreneurship, innovation and ambition the competition enshrines as it invites the brightest minds from the world’s most entrepreneurial universities to come together to tackle the challenges of the 21’st century.
The competition is a platform for Singapore to engage with the global innovation & entrepreneurship community, and showcase our innovation capability and ambition to the rest of the world. This year participants are invited to propose innovative technology/data centric products and services that address the opportunities and challenges a smart city faces in the following areas:
The Semi-Finals will take place on 14 Septеmber 2017. Teams will draw lots to determine the order of presentation. Each team will be given a total of 20 minutes (including time for Q&A from the judges). One winner from each of the four Smart City categories will be selected to participate in the Grand Finals on 15th Sept. 2017. The Awards Presentation Ceremony will take place after the grand finals. All the participating teams will be invited to attend the Ceremony.
Persons eligible for the contest are:
- Full time university students including (undergraduate, postgraduates and doctoral students), college and polytechnics students can participate in teams;
- Each team can have at least 2 or up to 5 members, with at least one core member being current university student.
The submissions will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Innovativeness of Business Idea;
- Commercial Feasibility;
- Impact of Idea – Market, Societal Impact & Sustainability;
- Capability to Execute.
- Teams will participate in intensive startup workshops, attend events featuring prominent entrepreneurs and venture capitalists in Asia;
- Have direct access to acclaimed mentors and visit key innovation hotspots in Singapore;
- Have all expenses paid: return flights, accommodation, meals & transport.
How to apply?
Submission Requirements are the following:
- All submitted materials must be the original work of the participating team;
- Each team is eligible to submit one idea. In the event of multiple submissions by a team, the last submission made by the team will be considered for evaluation;
- All business plans and presentations are to be written in English.
The submission package must include:
- One page executive summary (not more than 500 words, in pdf)
- Powerpoint presentation (no more than 20 slides, in pdf)
- Video presentation (no longer than 5 minutes, mp4 is preferred, resolution no greater than 360 pixel)
Please also note the following key dates:
- Announcement of Finalists: Friday, 14th July 2017;
- Acceleration Programme for Finalists: Monday, 11th September – Friday, 15th September 2017;
- Finals (Awards presentation and after party) : Friday, 15th September 2017.
To register for the competition, please click here and register online. Deadline for applications and submissions is 16 June 2017.
For more information please visit the official website.