Deadline: 30 June 2017
Open to: amateur and professional photographers; at least 18 years old; Resident in one of the 28 EU Member States
Prizes: a cultural 3-day trip for two, travel costs for Brussels and other rewards, including monetary rewards in photography equipment
Fundamental human rights that were developed as universal and indivisible protection mechanisms are being challenged by political ideologies and actions. Do we have to give up certain rights to keep others? Are there rights only for some, but not for all?
Take your camera and show us what rights mean to you and where they might be under threat. Illustrate what Europe means in terms of protecting and living rights that in many parts of the world are only a dream. Depict what ‘my Europe, my rights’ means to you.
The deadline for submitting your applications is 30 June 2017 (23.59, Brussels time – UTC+1).
- At least 18 years old;
- Resident in one of the 28 EU Member States;
- Only one entry/photo per participant is allowed;
- Available to travel to Brussels during the last quarter of 2017;
- Open to amateur and professional photographers.
All jury winners will be awarded:
- A cultural 3-day trip for 2 to Brussels;
- Two return travel tickets to Brussels, the capital of Europe;
- Two nights in a unique photography theme hotel of the capital;
- A “Brussels Card” giving free access to 39 museums, free bus transport
- 1st prize: EUR 2,000 of photographic equipment;
- 2nd prize: EUR 1,500 of photographic equipment;
- 3rd prize: EUR 1,000 of photographic equipment;
- The public prize winner: EUR 500 of photographic equipment.
How to apply?
- To enter the competition, you must upload a photograph via the following website: www.pes.cor.europa.eu (hereinafter “the Website”) and complete the online application form, following the on-screen instructions carefully. The direct link to the website of the photo competition is: pescor.eu/myeumyrights
- Please point out any technical problem in the uploading process by email to: PESphoto@cor.europa.eu;
- The topic of the competition is “My Europe, my rights!”. Your photograph must reflect this theme. To help participants, more detailed information and an “inspiration cloud” are available, in English, on the competition website.
For more information please visit the official webite.