Deadline: 31 May 2017
Open to: registered not-for-profit organization
Awards: total amount of the prize pool is USD 100,500
Since 2011, the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) and the BMW Group have engaged in a historic partnership geared towards creating a new model for collaboration between the private sector and the UN system. Together, they have established the BMW Group Award for Intercultural Innovation, in support of the Alliance of Civilizations, under the auspices of the United Nations (otherwise known as The Intercultural Innovation Award), whose mandate is to select highly innovative grassroots projects that promote intercultural dialogue and understanding, making vital contributions to prosperity and peace.
- Organizations must be registered as a not-for-profit organization, such as a non-governmental organization, charitable organization, research and educational institution, labor union, indigenous group, faith-based organization, professional association, foundation and local or municipal branches of government;
- Applying organizations must have been operational for a minimum of 2 years before April 2017; with funding base and project implementation;
- Applying organizations must be managing a project focused on promoting intercultural dialogue and understanding;
- The applying organization must have the willingness to expand the range of action of the project with UNAOC, the BMW Group and other partners;
Awardees will receive a monetary prize to be used for project expansion and/or replication of their project. The total amount of the prize pool is USD 100,500 distributed as follows:
- 1st Place: USD 40,000;
- 2nd Place: USD 20,000;
- 3rd Place: USD 15,000;
- 4th Place USD 8,000;
- 5th Place: USD 5,000;
- 6th– 10th Place: USD 2,500.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit the official webpage