Deadline: 20 June 2017
Open to: nationals of developing member countries
Award: amount for a fellowship is 10,000 USD tuition, training, conference fees, transportation fees, daily subsistence allowance, book allowance and other allowances
ITTO offers fellowships through the Freezailah Fellowship Fund to promote human resource development and to strengthen professional expertise in member countries in tropical forestry and related disciplines. The goal is to promote the sustainable management of tropical forests, the efficient use and processing of tropical timber, and better economic information about the international trade in tropical timber.
Fellowship is available for participation in international/regional conferences, short-term training courses, training internships at industries, research and educational institutions, study tours, and lecture/demonstration tours and postgraduate studies.
- Only nationals of ITTO Member countries are eligible to apply;
- Awards are to be made to individuals not to institutions;
- Previous ITTO Fellowship awardees are not eligible to apply for another ITTO Fellowship within two years of receiving the first award and submitting to the Secretariat a final report on the activity for which the award was made.
- The maximum amount for a fellowship is 10,000 USD;
- ITTO Fellowships provides tuition,training,conference fees, transportation fees, daily subsistence allowance, book allowance and other allowances;
- For post-gradate studies, only a partial tuition fee or a small research grant can be provided.
How to Apply?
On-line Application is available in English, French, and Spanish.
Please read carefully the information and general instructions contained in this note before submitting your application.