Deadline: 4 June 2017
Open to: participants between the ages of 18 and 29 years old, from Azerbaijan
Venue: Baku – Strasbourg, May 2017 – April 2018
The project of the Youth Department of the Council of Europe on Human Rights Education is a direct contribution of to the Council of Europe core mission to promote and protect human rights. The project – often referred to as Human Rights Education Youth Programme – aims to consolidate and support the role of non-governmental youth organizations and as actors in the implementation of the Council of Europe Charter on Education for Democratic Citizenship and Human Rights Education. It does so by combining the development and dissemination of tools and resources on human rights education and capacity building activities for trainers, multipliers, and advocates of human rights education as a human right.
The Council of Europe and the Ministry of Youth and Sports of the Republic of Azerbaijan are со-organising a COMPASS Long-term training course on human rights education and democratic citizenship for youth multipliers and trainers from Azerbaijan.
The Compass LTTC enhances the quality of human rights education with young people and of non-formal education through the development of competencies (knowledge, skills, attitudes) of youth workers, leaders, and trainers to implement educational projects and activities at local, regional and national level.
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- Have experience working with young people within youth organizations or projects’ groups;
- Be motivated to develop own competencies in human rights education in the field of youth policy and youth work in Azerbaijan;
- Have the desire and opportunity to act as multipliers or trainers in human rights education following the results of the training course;
- Be interested and able in developing projects` initiatives on human rights education and/or initiatives with young people;
- Be supported by an organization/institution and have a recommendation letter from the sending organization/institution / informal group;
- Be available and able to participate in the whole duration of the first residential training seminar, e-learning and practice phases and in the second residential training seminar;
- Be able to work independently in Azerbaijani and preferably in English as well;
- Be a resident of the Republic of Azerbaijan;
- Be aged between 18 and 29 years (exceptions are possible).
- Participants are required to organize their travel in such way to arrive at the activity`s venue on Monday, 26 June before 17:00 and depart on Tuesday morning, 4 July 2017;
- Travel expenses of participants will be reimbursed by the Azerbaijani co-organizers at the end of the first residential seminar upon presenting a valid ticket or another official document for financial reporting;
- The venue of the first residential seminar will be announced later. Participants’ board and lodging will be provided and paid for by the Ministry of Youth and Sport of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
How to apply?
In order to apply please fill the application.
For more information please visit the official web page.