Deadline: 25 June 2017
Open to: EU students with a relevant Bachelor degree
Scholarship: partial scholarship
EMerald is a two-year master program designed to focus on the following major aspects of georesources engineering: characterisation, processing and modelling. It is organised into four semesters and accounts for a total of 120 ECTS, or 30 ECTS per semester. The academic year starts in September with the first semester in Liège, Belgium, the second semester in Nancy, France, the third semester in Luleå, Sweden, and the fourth semester at one of the four partner-Universities.
This two-year master program integrates knowledge of mineral/metal resources and modern engineering technologies. It is delivered entirely in English and is designed to educate a new generation of young professionals. Liège offers leveling courses to all incoming students and is in charge of teaching basic courses in Ore Geology, Geostatistics, Mineral Processing and Recycling. A levelling course in numerical methods is also offered to the students who need it. The characterization tools and their uses are introduced in a Process Mineralogy course.
EIT RawMaterials is offering you the chance to showcase your sustainable and entrepreneurial skills and compete for scholarship to EIT RawMaterials. By competing you’ll not only learn more about EIT RawMaterials but also demonstrate why you could make the most of this unique experience!
- Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with basic knowledge in Geology or a Bachelor’s Degree in Minerals Engineering, Mining Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Geological Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering or a Master Degree in geology;
- Candidates must have a good level of English (TOEFL min. 75, IELTS min. 6.5, or CEF Level = B2);
- Candidates must be citizens of the European Union;
- Winners must abide by the application requirements of the host organization;
- All users must provide submissions that the user has created him/herself;
- All users must provide personal information that is truthful and accurate;
- Sqore reserves the right to exclude users at its sole discretion.
- A partial scholarship to the 2-year master program in Georesources Engineering at EMERALD (the scholarship will cover your transfers from one University to another, your participation in field trips, conferences, the Winter Business School etc.);
- No prize alternatives or cash equivalents are offered;
- Prizes are non-transferable;
- The winner is solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to the acceptance of the prize.
How to apply?
Start the challenge here. It consists of four steps:
- The EMerald Master’s Challenge;
- The Georesources Engineering Challenge;
- The Motivational Statement;
- Tell us about yourself.
NOTE: You must apply directly to the EMerald program in order to win this scholarship. Apply for the program here.
EU students need to apply by 25 June.
For more information please visit the official website.