Deadline: 16 July 2017
Opene to: researchers who are nationals of an eligible country
Award: winners first prize 30,000 USD, second prize 10,000 USD, third prize 5,000 USD
The Global Development Awards Competition is an innovative award scheme launched by GDN with the generous support from the Ministry of Finance, Government of Japan. The Awards Competition recognizes excellence in policy-oriented research, supports research capacity development of researchers in developing countries and funds innovative social development projects benefiting marginalized groups in the developing world.
The competition is accepting submissions in two categories:
- Japanese Award for Outstanding Research on Development (ORD): competitive research grant program that identifies and funds outstanding research proposals submitted by researchers from developing countries and transition economies.
Research Proposals for the Award will be considered in following sub-themes:
- Skilling for Agriculture;
- Skilling for Manufacturing;
- Skilling for Digital Technologies.
2. Japanese Award for Most Innovative Development Project (MIDP): competitive grant program that provides grants to Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) located in developing countries to help scale up their innovative projects.
- Eligible countries for the ORD competition are those classified as low-income or middle-income countries;
- Open only to researchers who are nationals of an eligible country;
- Open to citizens of eligible countries who are temporarily based in a non-eligible country but not for more than five years as of 16 July, 2017;
- The upper age limit for all applicants is 45 years as of 16 July, 2017;
- Staff members of multilateral and bilateral organizations are NOT eligible to apply.
- First Prize: 30,000 USD;
- Second Prize: 10,000 USD;
- Third Prize: 5,000 USD.
How to Apply?
For more information please visit the official website.