Deadline: 28 July 2017
Open to: candidate enrolled for PhD or Master degree and having relevant work experience
Remuneration: an internationally competitive salary, based on their education and professional experience
The Young Professionals Program (YPP) is a starting point for an exciting career at the World Bank Group.It is a unique opportunity for younger talent who have both a passion for international development and the leadership potential to grow in fascinating top technical and managerial roles in the World Bank Group (WBG). The program is designed for highly qualified and motivated individuals skilled in areas relevant to WBG technical/operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resources and others.
The following are the minimum requirements to be eligible for the Young Professionals Program.
- Citizenship of a member country of the World Bank Group;
- Be born on or after October 1 1985;
- A PhD or Master’s degree and relevant work experience;
- Fluency in English;
- Full proficiency in one or more of the WBG’s working languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish is desired but not required;
- Specialization in a field relevant to the WBG Technical/Operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resources, and others;
- At least three years of relevant professional experience related to the development or continued academic study at the doctoral level.
- As an entry-level professional in the WBG, Young Professionals are offered an internationally competitive salary, based on their education and professional experience;
- Health, Life, Accident, and Other Insurance Programs;
- Pension Plan;
- Relocation Benefits;.
- Relocation Travel.
How to Apply?
The application for the 2018 Selection Process for the Young Professionals Program at the World Bank will be opened from June 14 – July 28, 2017.
Before You Apply, please ensure that:
- You meet the minimum requirements for eligibility for the Young Professionals Program;
- You have all the information at hand including key dates, an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV), Education Certificates/Transcripts, PhD Dissertation/Master’s Thesis topics (short summary), if applicable, and the Application Essay ready to be uploaded.