Deadline: July 01, 2017
Open to: applicants who work in the field of Cardiovascular and Metabolic Research, Cancer Biology and Immunology, Neuroscience, Developmental Biology, Medical Systems Biology and Bioinformatics, Structural Biology, Imaging and Biophysics
Venue: Berlin, Germany
The MDC International PhD Program provides a framework of structured training for doctoral researchers in the areas of Cardiovascular and Metabolic Research, Cancer Biology and Immunology, Neuroscience, Developmental Biology, Medical Systems Biology and Bioinformatics, Structural Biology, Imaging and Biophysics.
By joining the MDC International PhD Program, you have the option to enroll in one of our specialized research schools or exchange programs (see menu on the left-hand side). The MDC is situated in Campus Berlin-Buch, a modern science and biotechnology park with a clear focus on biomedicine.
- Applicants are required to hold or obtain within 6 months of the interview week a university degree equivalent to a Master Degree including a written research thesis;
- Applicants still studying should anticipate receiving their degree not later than 6 months after the interview date;
- Graduates having completed their degree must upload with the application package a scanned copy of the certificate as well as transcript including marked coursework from university;
- Students still enrolled in their undergraduate program must upload a provisional certificate stating the examination marks already obtained;
- Applicants shall at the time of interview be in the first four years of their research careers and not yet been awarded a doctoral degree, according to the European Commission’s definition of early-stage researchers;
- MDC Master students and MDC interns who have been working or registered at the MDC during the past 2 years longer than 3 months until the PhD interview week at MDC, are not eligible to apply to the international MDC Program;
- Language skills: Applicants need to have a good command of written and spoken English.
- PhD researchers are fully funded through an initial 3-year working contract with the MDC;
- In many cases contracts are extended for an additional year;
- All PhD researchers are expected to complete their doctoral research and thesis in 4 years;
- Salaries are competitive to national standards and there are no tuition fees.
How to apply?
In order to apply please register here.
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages);
- Transcript (record of study including scores) AND degree certificate of Bachelor degree, diploma or equivalent. Applications lacking marked transcripts cannot be further processed;
- Transcripts (record of study including scores) AND degree certificate of Master degree, diploma or equivalent. If you have not completed yet your Master’s program, you have to provide temporary transcripts including scores. Applications lacking marked transcripts cannot be further processed;
- Two letters of recommendation: Complete all the contact detail fields of 2 referees in the application portal and your referees will automatically receive a request for letter of recommendation. Please make sure that references arrive on time! References arriving after the reference deadline will not be processed and applications will be considered incomplete.
For more information please visit the official website.