Deadline: 14 July 2017
Open to: a post graduate degree or certificate in HR management or related field.
Remuneration: starting at USD 58,583, and currently amounts to USD 3959 per month for the duty station indicated above
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of HR Officer in Geneva, Switzerland.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
The HR Officer will perform the following functions:
- Advise and support technical units in the preparation and implementation of their Human Resources plan; ensure timely recruitment and effective succession planning;
- Ensure consistent application of WHO Human Resources policies contained in the Staff Rules and Regulations and the WHO e-Manual. Contribute to development and revision of HR rules, regulations and policies;
- Maintain an updated and efficient tracking system to ensure cases are efficiently managed within the allocated timeframe; maintain all necessary records, databases, and statistics to allow comprehensive filing, tracking, and analysis;
- Guide, advise and support internal and external stakeholders in drafting new or modifying existing position descriptions and Terms of Reference and screening applicants;
- Advise staff and supervisors on WHO Staff Rules and Regulations, HR policies, and procedures, administration of entitlements, and ensure the timely implementation of the Performance Management Development System (PMDS) Department-wide;
- Act as the focal point for all administrative questions in relation to the topics covered;
- Perform any other related duties as required.
Applicants must have:
- University degree in human resources management, public or business administration, or other related areas;
- A post graduate degree or certificate in HR management or related field;
- 5 years of position relevant experience in human resources management including practical experience in the area of recruitment/selection, compensation and contract management, ideally some of which in an international context;
- Expert knowledge of English;
- Intermediate knowledge of French.
The remuneration for the above position comprises an annual base salary starting at USD 58,583 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable), a variable post adjustment, which reflects the cost of living in a particular duty station, and currently amounts to USD 3959 per month for the duty station indicated above. Other benefits include 30 days of annual leave, allowances for dependent family members, home leave, and an education grant for dependent children.
How to Apply?
In order to apply please fill the application.
For more information, please visit the official page.