Deadline: 30 September 2017
Open to: international students
Benefits: EUR 23787 per year (EUR 1982 per month)
Ghent University is now accepting applications for fully funded 5 Ph.D. Studentships in Precision Agriculture within the Department of Soil Management, Faculty of Bioscience Engineering in Ghent University (UGent) in Belgium.
The aim of the project is to establish a research platform combining cutting-edge soil and crop sensors, modeling and system control technology for managing farm resources (seeds, fertilizers, pesticides, water, and manure) site-specifically, with the final goal of establishing a precision agriculture center in Flanders.
The candidate should fulfill the following requirements:
- Have or will soon have an MSc degree in Agriculture Engineering, Biosystems Engineering, Agronomy, Mechatronics Engineering or Mechanical Engineering;
- Should have knowledge in the use of basic engineering software and modeling languages, such as MATLAB Toolbox, LabVIEW, DaisyLab, AutoCAD, or C++…..
- Desirable to have knowledge in sensing technologies, modeling, and control theory;
- Good contextual understanding of agricultural systems, precision agriculture and the ability to work in the field with agriculture machinery;
- The candidate should have a high level of proficiency in English sufficient to communicate effectively with colleagues and write papers and reports;
- Good practical problem solver / Ability to find appropriate solutions to academic and technical problems;
- Ability to work as a member of a team within a dynamic research group.
University offer fully funded Ph.D. positions starting between 1st November 2017 and 2nd January 2018. Approx. EUR 23787 per year (EUR 1982 per month) based on a full working week (38 hours).
How to apply?
Applications should be submitted by not later that 30th September 2017, enclosing the following documents:
- Cover letter outlining your motivation, research, and teaching experience;
- Detailed CV and publication record;
- Your MSc degree or an interim document if you are still finishing your MSc;
- A verified transcript of your MSc and BSc degrees;
- Indicate your interest in the above 5 Ph.D. projects;
- Two reference letters from academic members.
For more information please visit the official web page.