Deadline: 09 August 2017
Open to: fellows with an aim to empower young leaders from low and middle income countries to implement projects to tackle water, sanitation and hygiene
Fellowship: funding up to EUR 5000
The Young Water Solutions is inviting fellows for its “Young Water Fellowship Program” with an aim to empower young leaders from low and middle-income countries to implement projects to tackle water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), water pollution and water scarcity issues, by offering them an intensive training program, seed funding grants for their projects, and mentoring support by senior level experts during one year.
This program will bring about in its first edition (2017) 10 young community leaders capable of successfully designing and implementing sustainable and inclusive water projects that significantly improve living conditions in their communities while contributing to the achievement of SDG #6 (water and sanitation for all).
- Be 18 to 30 years old at the time of the application;
- Have a water project idea to contribute to the solution of a WASH (water, sanitation, and hygiene), water pollution or water scarcity problem;
- Be a resident of low and mid-income countries;
- Be the founder or co-founder of the project idea you’re proposing;
- The project must not have been implemented yet, although new phases of pilot projects are accepted;
- Be able to attend a workshop in Belgium in November 2017, and cover your personal costs from your residency to the airport and back (the rest of the travel expenses are covered);
- Be able to communicate in English ( the intermediate level at least).
- Fellows will be provided with opportunities for seed funding up to EUR 5000 to implement their projects;
- Travel expenses are covered.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application.
For more information, please visit the official web page.