Open to: university graduates (Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD)
Benefits: 2-year paid internship
The International Graduate Trainee Programme will give you a thorough induction into the many different activities of a leading global reinsurer and advance your personal development. Over a period of 24 months, you will be provided with a firm grounding in professional, methodological and social skills, on the basis of which you will subsequently be able to assume a position of responsibility at Munich Re.
Munich Re Group or Munich Reinsurance Company is a reinsurance company based in Munich, Germany. Munich Re is one of the world’s leading reinsurance companies with more than 11,000 employees at over 50 locations around the globe. They work on topics today that will concern the whole of society tomorrow, whether that be climate change, major construction projects, gene technology or space travel.
Applicants need to have the following:
- An above-average university degree (Bachelor/Master/PhD);
- Practical work experience, ideally in the insurance/financial industry, or in the fields of IT, cyber/information security, reserving, agribusiness or integrated risk management);
- Experience abroad during your studies or in the form of practical training;
- Outstanding English skills, and ideally another foreign language;
- Communicative competence, strong analytical abilities, empathy, and willingness to learn.
The benefits include:
- Competitive salary;
- Exciting, varied work focusing on risk underwriting in the core business of Munich Re (incl. e.g. cyber or agricultural underwriting), or alternatively or data analytics, IT, reserving or integrated risk management;
- Training on the job and training trips in crossover areas;
- A three-month assignment abroad in order to extend your multicultural abilities;
- A comprehensive global programme of further training specially for trainees, enabling you to acquire specialised knowledge and build up your methodical expertise;
- An opportunity to quickly build up a broad network in the company.
How to apply?
The application for this internship is online.
Please note that application procedures and specifics differ depending on the country, location and target unit.
For more information please visit the official website.