Deadline: 31 July 2017
Open to: Indian and international students
Scholarship: 5,000 USD for arts and business faculties; 5,500 USD for engineering and science faculties
The World University of Bangladesh is inviting applications for its World Education Foundation (WEF) Scholarship for International Students. This scholarship is available to pursue bachelors and masters programme.
The aim of this scholarship is to provide a supportive environment to make your transition at WUB and Bangladesh easy and relaxed.
The World University of Bangladesh (WUB) established under the private University approved and recognized by the Ministry of Education, Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh and the University Grants Commission (UGC) of Bangladesh is a leading university for utilitarian education.
- International students undertaking Bachelors and Masters degree program are eligible to apply;
- Indian applicants are eligible to apply for this scholarship;
- Furthermore, the other category of students such as students in financial needs, artists, disabled persons, husband/wife/siblings, and females are eligible to access into this scholarship.
- Candidates must possess: Edexcel/GCSE/Cambridge International Exams/ Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework 5A’s in Ordinary Levels; 3A’s in AS Level; 2A’s in Advanced Level;
- Applicants must have a previous year degree;
- A good knowledge of English language is required for all programs at WUB. If you’ve completed all your secondary school/high school in a country where English is not the language of instruction, you can demonstrate proficiency by taking one of these exams and earning the required scores:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) examination: Accepted with a 60 or better for the Internet-based test and 500 or better for the paper-based test;
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) examination (academic modules): Accepted with a 5.5 or better band score (academic modules).
Scholarship is awarded in the field of science, engineering, business and arts.
The amount of the scholarship for arts and business faculties is 5,000 USD and 5,500 USD for engineering and science discipline.
How to Apply?
Applicants will be required to submit the following with scholarship application:
- Official transcripts or academic records from each institution you attended;
- TOEFL/IELTS Score;
- Proof of Funding (Bank Certificate, Affidavit from your sponsor);
- 6 copies of passport size photograph;
- Copy of passport and the passport should be valid for at least one year from the date of their arrival to Bangladesh;
- A certificate of good conduct issued by the police of the candidate’s country of origin or residence, if necessary translated English. The good conduct certificate should be original and issued less than 6 months prior to the beginning of the semester for which the student is applying. The names and titles of the persons issuing and certifying the document should be clearly stated therein;
- A Health Certificate issued by the Local GP or Health Clinic;
- A pay Order or Demand Draft in favour of World University of Bangladesh of an amount of USD 125.
In order to apply, please fill in the oniline application.
Additionally, you may also send the scanned copies of the application materials through email: [email protected] to expedite the application process.
After we receive all the application materials, a decision of admission will be made and a Letter of Admission and necessary visa instructions will be sent to the student.
For more information please visit the official website.