Deadline: 8 September 2017
Open to: 16 to 25-year-olds from the EU or COSME partners countries
Benefits: fully funded trip to Estonia
The Youth Essay Competition, organised by the European Commission Directorate General for Single Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs, is launching again and is looking for creative and well thought out answers to this question:
What skills do tomorrow’s entrepreneurs need?
Do you have an opinion on how European policy can help shape the future; or on what government, academic institutions and businesses can do to ensure that young people can acquire the skills they need for tomorrow’s world of work? Would you like to share it with policymakers and entrepreneurs on a European stage? All you need to do to have a chance of winning an all expenses paid trip to the 2017 SME Assembly in Tallinn, is submit an essay of no more than 2 500 words in English before 8 September 2017.
- The competition is open to all 16 to 25 years old from European Member States or COSME partners countries (see the list);
- Essays should not exceed 2 500 words in length;
- All essays must be in English;
- Only one entry per applicant;
- The deadline for submissions is 8 September 2017;
- The three finalists will be announced in October ahead of SME Week and will compete at a grand finale in Tallinn where they will present their essays;
- The final winner will be chosen via a public vote.
- An all expenses paid trip to the SME Assembly in Tallinn, Estonia for the three finalists, to present their essays to 500+ Assembly delegates;
- Presentation training before delivering essay live on stage at the SME Assembly 2017;
- Promotion of essays across SME Week social media channels.
How to apply?
To get started, read through the rules, get writing and submit your essay online.
If you have any questions please contact [email protected].
For more information please visit the official website.