Deadline: 14 October 2017
Open to: international applicants
Benefits: 600 EUR Mobility Allowance per month (7200 EUR/year); 500 EUR Family Allowance per month (6000 EUR/year)
Applications are invited for Marie Curie actions PhD fellowships for International Applicants at University of Macerata (UNIMC). These fellowship projects are funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research & innovation program under the Marie Sklodowska-Curie – ITN, Industrial Doctorate (GA no. 766139).
The HEART research program aims for a personalized approach to mobile health coaching programs that involve the user and that are tailored to individual needs (putting the user at the HEART of the system).
The University of Macerata (UNIMC), founded in 1290, is the only university in Italy that focuses exclusively on Socio-economic Sciences and Humanities (SSH). University’s motto “Humanism that innovates” illustrates its mission: to contribute to the development of people and society through the added value that social and human sciences bring to the understanding of complex socio-economic and political issues, according to an interdisciplinary perspective.
- Master degree or equivalent providing access to PhD programs. See attachment for required degree for each position. Applicants must not have a doctoral degree;
- English proficiency must be attested either through a previous English language diploma, or an internationally recognized proficiency test (at least C1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages i.e. IELTS, IBT, TOEFL or Cambridge);
- When starting their contract (January 2018), selected researchers should be within the first four years of their research careers. This means being both within a four-year window following their most recent graduation and not having been awarded a prior doctoral degree so far;
- At the date of recruitment, the researcher must not have resided, or carried out his/her main activity (work, studies, etc) in the country of the hiring institution for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date;
- Complete and timely submission exclusively via the HEART online application system. Documents submitted must be in English. If supporting documents (e.g. letters of academic references and scan of degree qualification) are not in English, they must be submitted together with a certified translation in English). Please note that in addition to the above-mentioned eligibility criteria further essential or desirable requirements are detailed for each PhD position (see attachment).
- 600 EUR Mobility Allowance per month (7200 EUR / year)
- 500 EUR Family Allowance per month (6000 EUR / year) – when applicable according to the Marie Sklodowska Curie;
- NB: this is a gross EU contribution to the salary cost of the researcher. The net salary will result from deducting all compulsory (employer/employee) national social security contributions as well as direct taxes.
How to Apply?
Applications must be sent exclusively in English and through the HEART online Application System open and accessible through the HEART website (www.heart-itn.eu). Applications sent through other means or in other languages (other than English) will not be evaluated. Candidates must apply through the HEART online application system, which will request the following information:
- A complete CV in Europass Format in English that must highlight activities and place where the activities have been carried out in order to give evidence of fulfilling the mobility eligibility criterion;
- A complete academic CV in English with references to past research and training experiences;
- A motivation letter, in English, highlighting the consistency between the candidate‘s profile and the chosen ESR position for which you are applying;
- At least 2 letters of Academic reference, in English or in certified translation;
- A scan of the degree qualification, with certified translation in English (if the degree qualification is not in English);
- Proof of language proficiency;
- Scanned copy of valid identification document (identity card or passport);
- Declaration of Honour according to the template available on the website;
- (OPTIONAL) any further and relevant supporting documents (e.g. research publications).
In order to apply please fill the application.
For more information please visit the official website.