Deadline: 31 October 2017
Open to: persons aged 18-30, coming from Macedonia
Venue: 8 months, in Mladiinfo Slovensko, Bratislava, Slovakia
Mladiinfo Slovensko is looking for an enthusiastic volunteer from Macedonia to participate in the Project: EVS Go Digital: Volunteer, Empower, Grow! for a period of 8 months starting from November 2017.
Activities of the volunteers may include (upon the preferences and agreement):
- Organising and participating in different events by Mladiinfo Slovensko, such as “Living Books about volunteering”, Intercultural picnics & dinners with cooperation of other NGOs;
- Be open to go to schools and talk to students about EVS, youth exchanges, youth opportunities, etc.;
- To prepare simple interactive activities as Mladiinfo Slovensko aims to connect formal and non-formal education;
- Willing to teach some language and/or to organise some workshops on your own in the motto “sharing is caring”;
- Helping the project YES WE CARE about social entrepreneurship;
- Ocassionly contributing to the content of mladiinfo.eu and mladiinfo.sk platforms;
- Participating and helping with the current and upcoming projects (e.g. youth exchanges, trainings, etc.);
The volunteer will work approx. 30 volunteering hours per week (the working hours are flexible depending on the ongoing activities) and will have free weekends and two additional free days per month.
- Individuals aged 18-30 coming from Macedonia;
- Enthusiastic and positive, who dare to try the things out;
- Able to come up with own ideas and developing own projects which support our values: “helping, improvement, pro-activity, responsibility, optimism”;
- Willing to learn new skills and develop the nice projects;
- Have knowledge of English;
- Have basic graphic design skills (not a condition), or photography and video making, or knowledge in online marketing or IT skills (webpages, etc.) and editing skills (not a condition);
- Openness and good communication skills.
As part of your EVS, you will get:
- Accommodation in a shared flat with other volunteers (you can check the blogs of some of our hosted volunteers here); pocket money; European insurance; covered residence permit cost and travel from home-Bratislava-home; Slovak language classes;
- There is no participation fee;
- You can learn more about the topics such as volunteering, youth work, social entrepreneurship, etc.
- We are also a coordinating organisation, therefore you can spend some time helping out other NGOs with volunteers there and learn new skills as well.