Deadline: 17 August 2017
Open to: english teachers
Venue:USD 6,000 per year (for local students), USD 10,000 per year (for non-local students)
The Hong Kong Scholarships for Prospective English Teachers (the Scholarship) is set up by the Education Bureau, the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region as one of a series of measures to enhance the professionalism of English teachers in Hong Kong.
The aim of the Scholarship is to attract persons proficient in English to pursue relevant local bachelor degree programmes and/ or teacher training programmes which will qualify them to become English teachers on graduation.
Both local and non-local students may apply for the Scholarship for Prospective English Teachers.
Application is open to secondary school graduates who:
- Have attained Level 5 or above in English Language in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) Examination, or equivalent;
- Will start pursuing year one study in relevant degree programmes in local higher education institutions in the 2017/18 school year.
As part of the Hong Kong Scholarships, each local student will be awarded USD 6,000 per year and each non-local student, USD 10,000 per year.
How to apply?
The completed form, together with all supporting documents, should be submitted by post or in person.
- Completed and signed the application form;
- Attached a copy of your Hong Kong Identity (HKID) Card or Passport / Travel Document;
- Attached a copy (copies) of public examination(s) result slip(s) / certificate(s);
- Attached a copy (copies) of the IELTS Test Report Form(s) / TOEFL Score Report(s) (if applicable);
- Attached a copy (copies) of graduation certificate(s) issued by the secondary school(s) you attended;
- Attached a copy (copies) of transcripts/testimonial(s) issued by the higher education institution attended (as appropriate);
- Attached a copy of offer letter / supporting document to prove that you have been admitted by the higher education institution;
- Made arrangements for the Recommendation Form to be completed and returned to the Education Bureau by the deadline;
- Attached separate sheets (if applicable).
For more information please visit the official website.