Deadline:10 August 2017
Open to: undergraduate studies or recently graduated in last 6 months with Bachelor or Master Degree
Benefits: USD 1000 per month
World Food Programme as the lead agency of the Logistics Cluster maintains a Global Logistics Cluster (GLC) based in the Supply Chain Division of WFP HQ in Rome. It is comprised of a diverse, multi-skilled group of logisticians and is mandated by the Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC) to complement and co-ordinate the logistics capabilities of co-operating humanitarian agencies during large-scale complex emergencies and natural.
Support the Global Training Officers in maintaining training material, course preparation and conductance, training related databases and operational roster, training information material and further training related activities of the Global Logistics Cluster and humanitarian logistics.
- The successful candidate will be currently enrolled and have attended University courses in the last 12 months inclusive of having completed at least two years of undergraduate studies or have recently graduated in the last 6 months with a BA or MA;
- Fluency (both written and spoken) in English;
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Communication, Social Sciences, Humanities or similar;
- Familiarity with Excel or other databases;
- Ability to speak and write in other UN languages and Italian is desirable.
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the maximum amount of US$1000 per month depending on the duty station of assignment;
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas and related costs;
- WFP will reimburse travel ticket for candidates who are nationals of developing countries and are pursuing their studies in their home country;
- WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognised institutions that have been certified by competent international or national authorities such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) or Ministries of Education.
How to Apply?
Fill the application form
For more information please visit the official website.