Deadline: 25 August 2017
Open to: candidates should have an EU work-permit on the company
Benefits: 1500 EUR/month gross, exc. bonuses
To support the work of the Knowledge Innovation Centre (Malta), in particular communications work in the field of educational research and policy, linked to ongoing Erasmus+, and marketing activities targeted towards Small and Medium Enterprises, as well as Non-Governmental Organizations.
Project Assistance & Coordination
- Assist in the development, coordination and implementation of international innovation projects in the field of education, in which KIC is a partner. All projects occur within the framework of the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union;
- Identify national and international funding opportunities (tenders / calls for proposals) which may interest the company;
- Support the preparation of new funding proposals, concept briefs and project reports;
- Conduct research required to support project implementation;
- Participate in project coordination meetings with partners around Europe.
All candidates should have an EU work-permit and be available to work out of the Malta or Slovenian offices of the company. The suitable candidate will show the following knowledge, skills and attitudes:
- The candidate should show relevant knowledge in communications and project management, particularly in the field of European non-governmental work. Such knowledge may be displayed by o a qualification at EQF 5-equivalent or above in the fields of communications, law or business/marketing o previous experience working with EU funding calls and/or project management o previous experience working in a communications position for a European and/or large NGO;
- The candidate should show full fluency in English and basic knowledge of at least two other European languages;
- Prior knowledge of EU funding programmes, and of the EU advocacy/NGO landscape will be considered an asset;
- Prior knowledge and experience of media, communications and marketing work will be considered an asset.
- Fully computer-literate with advanced knowledge of word-processing, desktop publishing and webpublishing software;
- Good organisational skills, with ability to work to a high standard, manage stress while prioritising multiple tasks and meeting deadlines;
- Flair for scientific writing, in particular reports, funding applications and communication materials.
- An enthusiasm and aptitude for communications work;
- Strong capacity for self-motivated for work, with minimal direction from superiors;
- Ability to work within inter- cultural settings;
- Willingness to travel especially within EU;
- Ability to use initiative and find creative solutions to problems.
- 12 month contract, renewable yearly;
- Full-time (40 hours per week, limited flexi-time);
- 1500 EUR/month gross, exc. bonuses.
How to Apply?
To apply for the position, please send your CV, together with a letter of motivation explaining why you believe you are suited for the position to [email protected] by the 25 August 2017. Feel free to include documentation backing up your application in your e-mail.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
For information please visit the official website.