Deadline: 27 August 2017
Open to: youth workers between the age of 18 and 30 years old, from Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Czech Republic, Macedonia, Georgia, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Kosovo, Portugal, Russian Federation, Serbia, Spain
Venue: 06-13 November 2017 / Kapraluv Mlyn, Czech Republic
Ecotourism could be described as “responsible travel to natural areas that conserves the environment, sustains the well-being of the local people and involves interpretation and education”. It is believed that many local communities can benefit from promoting eco-tourism in their areas, especially if they are located close to natural parks and protected areas. The youth organization YEE would like to find ways to empower young Europeans to feel more responsible for their homes and communities and to have sufficient competencies to promote eco-tourism and protect their homeland. The aim of this training course is to strengthen youth participation and active citizenship through ecotourism and related projects.
- To define the role and importance of ecotourism in local communities;
- To create the common understanding about youth participation in local communities through ecotourism;
- To provide space for partners to share the experience of organizing ecotourism projects with young people;
- To expand the knowledge and skills needed for organizing ecotourism related projects in local communities;
- To create space for networking and building new partnerships among environmental youth organisations.
Apply for this project if you want to:
- Widen your knowledge about the importance of youth participation;
- Gain new knowledge on the development of ecotourism for local communities;
- Gain knowledge on how to encourage young people to be active and promote active citizenship through ecotourism;
- Get ideas on how to increase an interest in ecotourism among local community;
- Share experience and best practices in creating ecotourism related projects.
If you have any questions please contact Natalia Luchko on firstname.lastname@example.org or +420271750643.
Please find the application form here.
For more information, please check the infopack.