Deadline: 10 September 2017
Open to: students of journalism
Venue: 9 – 12 October 2017, Brussels
The European Commission‘s Directorate General for Regional and Urban Policy wishes to encourage students in journalism to communicate on concrete projects cofunded by the European Regional Development and Cohesion Funds.
Specific objectives include:
- fostering young journalistic productions to promote knowledge of the European Union;
- creating a space for debate, share values and ways of working;
- enhancing the links between European institutions and youth.
- Minimum age requirement: 18 years old;
- All selected young journalists will be requested to provide a copy of their student card to prove their registration in a journalism school/university;
- The short articles must be at least 400 words and may not exceed 1000 words. Only written contributions will be accepted;
- Applications must be submitted in English;
- Team applications will not be accepted, only individual applications are accepted;
- The European Commission reserves the right to use the articles submitted in presentation materials, with the media, and to reproduce them in any form;
- The Jury will be composed by officials from the European Institutions, working in the media/journalism/communication fields;
- The jury’s decision is final and without appeal. The jury reserves the right to reject any entry that does not comply with the requirements of the competition.
This year, and for the first time, the European Commission is conducting a competition amongst media students across Europe. The lucky winners will be offered a chance to come to Brussels as a part of the media pool communicating on one of the major events of the year: The European Week of Regions and Cities taking place in Brussels on 9–12 October 2017. Hotel and accommodation for the winners will be paid for by the organisers.
The reward, to be announced beginning of September, will consist in an invitation to take part in Brussels, along 28 other selected students, in the Media Programme of the European Week of Regions and Cities with more than 150 invited journalists from 8 th to 11th October 2017.
How to Apply?
In order to apply please fill the application form.
For more information please visit the official call.