Deadline: 24 August 2017
Open to: youth between 18 – 35 years old
Benefits: fully funded
YOUNGO is the official youth constituency at the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). YOUNGO is made up of organizations and individuals who identify as the youth it is not an organization, but, rather, a collection of groups and/or individuals.
In light of the barriers facing the participation of youth from the Global South, the GSS 2017 will provide the necessary financial resources to enable more young people to attend COY13 and COP23 who otherwise would not have the opportunity. Alongside covering the costs of their participation (travel, accommodation, food, etc), the GSS 2017 will also provide a robust capacity building program to empower Global South participation which is effective, rather than tokenistic.
- If selected, They will be available to join COP 23 and / COY 13 in Bonn, Germany for the full duration from November 2nd – November 18th. And shall also be able to attend the online Capacity Building Training sessions prior to the conference;
- They are or will turn, at least 18 years old on or before October 30, 2017;
- They are a citizen/national of one of the listed countries.
- Have all your expenses covered for participating at the 23rd UNFCCC Conference of Parties (COP23) and Conference of Youth 13 (COY13);
- Participate in a comprehensive capacity-building program;
- Opportunity to connect your initiative and previous work on an international level and get engaged in YOUNGO;
- Providing the selected applicants with online Capacity Building Training sessions about the process, prior to their travel to Bonn.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application.
For more information, please visit the official web page.