Deadline: 25 September 2017
Open to: current undergraduate students, master’s students, or doctoral students
Venue: Washington, D.C., USA
Every academic year, AAUW selects 10 inspiring college students to serve on the prestigious National Student Advisory Council (SAC). This unique feminist team builds leadership skills through campus activism projects, monthly conference calls, and serving as peer leaders during AAUW’s annual National Conference for College Women Student Leaders (NCCWSL).
Must be a current undergraduate student, master’s student, or doctoral student.
- This program gives 10 passionate college students the opportunity to advise a national women’s organization and represent the diverse voices of students on their campus;
- Through campus activism projects and community outreach to AAUW student organizations, SAC members develop leadership skills and gain valuable résumé-building experiences;
- Most importantly, members form lifelong connections to their team and hundreds of SAC alumnae;
- SAC members receive two all-expense-paid trips to Washington, D.C;
- In the fall the SAC attends a leadership retreat at AAUW’s national headquarters and in the spring members serve as peer leaders at AAUW’s National Conference for College Women Student Leaders (NCCWSL).
How to apply?
Interested candidates should apply using the online application form.
- Late applications will not be accepted;
- AAUW will send notifications to all applicants by mid-October;
- Keep in mind that because this is an online form, your answers won’t be saved if you leave the page;
- AAUW recommend typing your answers in a separate document first and pasting them into the form when you’re ready to submit.
For more information please visit the official website.