Deadline: 31 October 2017
Open to: international students
Scholarship: full tuition
Bond University is now accepting applications for PhD position and Scholarship within the Faculty of Society & Design – Interdisciplinary Centre for the Artificial Mind (iCAM) in Australia. International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Bond University is establishing the Interdisciplinary Centre for the Artificial Mind (iCAM), under the leadership of Professor Irini Giannopulu. The Centre is devoted to the analysis of the mind’s development across the lifespan, and in interaction with artificial environments (robots, virtual/augmented/mixed reality). iCAM is based in the Faculty of Society & Design, with an interdisciplinary and international team of researchers in the areas of Cognitive Neuroscience, Psychology, Mathematics and Engineering.
- A degree with a substantial research project (e.g. Research Masters’ degree, Masters’ degree with treatise component, or Bachelor degree with honours) in psychology or a related area;
- Excellent analysis and writing skills;
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills and demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary research team environment;
- Competence in mathematical modelling and excellent programming skills (e.g. Python, Java, C/C++, Matlab);
- Capacity to seek scholarship funds, with support from supervisors;
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity in dealing with colleagues and research participants from diverse backgrounds.
Full tuition fees are awarded as well as a tax-free stipend of AUSD 26,000 per annum for three years.
How to Apply?
Completed applications should be sent to: Peta Dawson/Kayleigh Corlett employment-at-bond.edu.au
Your Expression of Interest should include:
- Your CV and copy of academic transcript;
- Brief statement of support from an academic referee;
- Sample of written work, ideally appropriate for an academic audience (e.g. honours thesis, peer-reviewed journal article, essay written during coursework study or similar);
- “Statement of Purpose” describing your interests, reasons for pursuing this opportunity and longer-term goals (max. 1-2 pages).
For further information regarding this position please contact the Head of School, Professor Irini Giannopulu at [email protected]
For more information please visit the official website.