Deadline: 31 October 2017
Open to: any nationality
Benefits: monthly gross salary € 2.970,20.
The Institute for Modern and Contemporary Historical Research (INZ), a research institute of the Austrian Academy of Sciences (ÖAW), the largest non-university institution for basic research in Austria, is advertising the position of a Research Associate (f/m) in the Research Field of Historical Balkan Linguistics (40 hours per week / full time – temporary).
The INZ is a research institute with different thematic focuses in the field of modern history; the work strongly relies on the connection of thematic research with long-term projects, primarily in the area of historical editions and biographical reference works. Within this dynamic research environment, you set independent research priorities in a cultural and social science-oriented interdisciplinary field.
- Research and publication work in the field of toponomy and medieval settlement history
- Establishment of a group of researchers to be financed primarily by external funds
- Development of projects and raising of project-specific third-party funds
- International networking, organisation of conferences and support with their contents
- Opportunity to contribute to the development of a new research field
- University degree (completed doctorate – published doctoral dissertation)
- Excellent command of the German language, proficiency in at least two Balkan languages (one of which non-Slavic)
- In the research field history, proficiency in at least two of the major languages of older civilizations in the Balkans (Latin, Greek, Church-Slavonic, Ottoman Turkish)
- High-level position in international research and publication work
- Independent and result-oriented work approach
- Experience in the acquisition of third-party funds
- Experience in the organisation of conferences
- Preparedness to engage in interdisciplinary collaboration in Balkan research
In accordance with the collective agreement for employees of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, the monthly gross salary is at least € 2.970,20.
How to Apply?
Please send your detailed application including CV, certificates (copy), a list of publications, your five most important publications in pdf format as also a draft comprising approx. two A4 pages outlining a strategy for projects, conferences, publications, international networking and internal collaboration options including explanations on your field of research by email to INZ@oeaw.ac.at no later than October 31st 2017.