Deadline: 10 October 2017
Open to: young professionals from Albania, Bosnia & Hercegovina, Montenegro, Kosovo*, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia
Venue: 3-16 December 2017 in Paris ( France) ; 28 January – 10 February 2018 in Brussels, Belgium
The European Commission and the British Council announce the Call for applications to the EU Scheme for Young Professionals in the Western Balkans – Round II (YPS 2017), the action implementing two training programmes in EU academic institutions and a regional exchange component for early career civil servants from the six countries of the Western Balkans (Albania, Bosnia and Hercegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia).
At the end of selection procedure successful applicants will be offered the opportunity to attend 2 intensive trainings (2 weeks each) at Science Po in Paris (France) named “Executive Certificate in Management and Public Policy” and at College of Europe in Bruges (Belgium), as well as to participate at a 2 weeks Regional Exchange Programme to promote the regional cooperation element of the EU integration process at the level of civil service.
The EU Scheme Programme, whose working language is only English, will offer up to 30 places, 5 for each country of the region (the actual number of grants awarded may also be less depending on the suitability of candidates).
This call is open to mid-level civil servants with between 2 and 5 years of working experience in Public Administration involved in policy formulation and strategic planning within the Prime Minister’s Office, Ministry of Finance, strategic units of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of European Integration/Governmental Directorates/Bodies of European Integration as well as civil servants from other line Ministries directly involved in European Integration process.
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- Civil servants with between 2 and 5 years of working experience in Public Administration in one of the six countries of the Western Balkans;
- Civil servants who have been recruited in PA through a public competition (political appointees are excluded from this selection process as they cannot be considered as civil servants);
- Civil servants involved in policy formulation and strategic planning within the Prime Minister’s Office, Ministry of Finance, strategic units of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of European Integration/Governmental Directorates/Bodies of European Integration as well as civil servants from other line Ministries directly involved in European Integration process;
- Citizens with a valid passport issued by the National Authority in one of the 6 Western Balkan countries. Passports of another country than the one where the applicant works as a civil servant are not acceptable;
- Fluent in English with at least an upper-intermediate level (B2). Those candidates who already have a valid TOEFL/IELTS language certification will not be asked to participate to the second stage of selection (i.e. English language test) if they provide a valid proof of this certification with at least the same level of knowledge as above (B2 or equivalent);
- Available to travel and to move abroad from November 2017 to May 2018.
The programme will cover the following costs for up to 30 participants:
- Tuition fees at Science Po and at College of Europe;
- Accommodation and living allowances in France and Belgium;
- Visa costs (if Visa is needed);
- Health insurance and flight tickets;
- English language test costs.
Selected participants will commit to:
- Attend in full the 4 weeks training at Science Po and at College of Europe, divided in two modules planned in December 2017 and January-February 2018;
- Attend the two weeks exchange programme in the Public Administrations of one of the six countries involved in the programme (March/April 2018);
- Attend the Regional Alumni Conference and Lessons Learnt event (May 2018).
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application.
For more information, please visit the official web page.