Deadline: 08 October 2017
Open to: junior or senior researchers
Benefits: Junior Fellows receive a net monthly stipend of 1,750 USD and Senior Fellows a monthly stipend of 2,800 USD
- Applicants must hold a Ph.D. or equivalent in the social sciences or humanities at the time of their application;
- Junior fellows must have obtained a Ph.D. degree issued in 2010 or later and must apply for the junior fellowship. Candidates who obtained their Ph.D.before 2010 are considered “senior” and must apply for the senior fellowship;
- Only those with publications in internationally recognized scholarly outlets are encouraged to apply;
- Full time CEU employees and students are not eligible to apply for 5 years after the ending of their studies/contract (degrees must be received and contracts must have ended by December 31, 2012 or earlier);
- Part time/temporary employees of CEU are not eligible for 1 years after their contract ended (their contract must have ended by December 31, 2016 or earlier);
- All nationalities are encouraged to apply for this type of fellowship;
- Former fellows of IAS CEU or former Collegium Budapest are not eligible to apply until a period of 7 years has passed since their previous fellowship. Applications may be considered only in exceptional cases;
- Applicants are expected to be able to communicate fluently in English as this is the working language of the Institute and CEU.
Junior Fellows receive a net monthly stipend of 1,750 USD and Senior Fellows a monthly stipend of 2,800 USD to help support their stay in Budapest. In addition, all fellows and their families receive housing at the Raoul Wallenberg GuesthouseUtilities at the Guesthouse will be charged to the fellows. Fellows also receive a travel and a small research allowance but are responsible for their own healthcare provisions.
How to apply?
- A completed online application form;
- A cover letter;
- The abstract of your research project (max. 150 words);
- A description of your research project (min. 1,000 – max. 2,500 words; the reference list is not included in the word count);
- A CV including a list of up to 5 (in case of junior applicants) and up to 15 (in the case of senior applicants) of your most important publications. For junior applicants ONLY: the name and email address of two referees (for potential reference).