Deadline: 03 November, 2017
Open to: young and aspiring media managers
Award: a week’s intensive study of UK media organisation in London, with all expense paid
The Elizabeth R Media Fund is launching a new competition aimed at providing young and aspiring media managers from the Commonwealth with the skills and tools necessary to help their organizations face the digital challenges in their countries.
The event will also act as a spur to the competitors to discuss the needs of a free and competitive media across the Commonwealth.
The overall winner will be invited to spend a week’s intensive study of UK media organizations in London, with all expenses paid, during the week of the Commonwealth Summit in London in April 2018.
It will be followed by 12 months’ mentoring by industry professionals overseen by the Thomson Foundation – the world’s longest-established media development organization.
- Applicants must be citizens of a Commonwealth member country, excluding the UK;
- The competition is open to journalists and media managers working for a media organization in the public or private sectors;
- Entrants must be journalists or media managers, aged between 28 and 35, on April 1st, 2018;
- The competition organizers may request documentation to verify an entrant’s age and employment status.
- The overall winner will be invited to spend a week’s intensive study of UK media organization in London, with all expense paid, during the week of the Commonwealth Summit in London in April 2018;
- It will be followed by 12 months’ mentoring by industry professional overseen by the Thomson Foundation – the world’s longest -established media development organization.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application.
For more information, please visit the official web page.