Deadline: 26 October 2017
Open to: young enthusiasts, interested in virtual communities, content development, and marketing
Remuneration: to commensurate with experience
And… VOILA! Mladiinfo is making a huge step ahead! After having empowered more than 4000 youth around the globe, sent over 300 volunteers abroad, and organized 100 international youth events within our network, we wanted to create something that will be for YOU and from YOU. And we aspire it to be the biggest and the most impactful project for young people – a digital community of empowered youth! Sounds exciting? Would you like to lead this initiative that will change lives of youth around the globe? If so, join us and become our Online Community Builder!
We got your attention and now you want to know more? This is not a job opportunity but a lifestyle, identity, and passion. Therefore, we are looking for a community builder that will not count hours and work only to earn the salary, but a person who firmly believes in our vision of “contributing to a better world in which empowered young individuals use new technologies, digital learning and non-formal education to act together and improve the quality of life in their communities and the world they live in”.
What will you do?
Planning: Developing a plan for community building, setting tasks and activities for the defined aims, objectives, timeframe, indicators and resources.
Profiling: Defining target group and identifying channels to reach it.
Branding: Giving a face to the community that will be connected to the identity of Mladiinfo, but it will bring its own added value. Identifying services and different user packages.
Community focus group: Identifying and working closely with the first 50 community members, delivering them tasks, following their progress.
Content development: Together with the community focus group, you will be planning, organizing and developing the starting content of the community platform. You will be also encouraged to invite contributors.
Creating structure: Defining roles within the community, identifying active members.
Promotion: Promoting the community via an outreach campaign.
Communication: Maintaining regular communication with the existing members and welcoming new members of the community.
Coordination: Collaborating with Mladiinfo’s core team on the community building and jointly developing the upcoming steps.
Who are we looking for?
You are the right candidate for this position, if:
- You are passionate about youth work;
- You strongly believe that “sharing is caring”;
- Empathy, creativity, responsibility and personal development are high on your values’ scale;
- You are creative, communicative, open to challenges and eager to learn;
- You value positive working atmosphere and uncompetitive environment.
The community builder should also:
- Have experience in organizing communities through civic activism or other community development channels. Experience developing virtual communities is highly desirable;
- Have interest in mobility, education, youth and community development;
- Posses compelling written and verbal communications skills and experience with developing regular communications (newsletters, blogs, monthly reports, etc.);
- Have at least 2 years of experience in web content development: writing and editing. Knowledge of CMS is required;
- Posses experience in managing projects from concept through execution;
- Have at least a year of experience on leadership/managerial position which makes him/her experienced to organize processes, do planning, implementation and follow up of activities, deliver tasks and coordinate a small team;
- Have solid knowledge in marketing, sense for business and entrepreneurial spirit;
- Have excellent knowledge of English, and preferably, one more language beside the mother tongue;
- The call is open for all interested candidates who fulfill the above-mentioned criteria from all over the world;
- However, due to the primary target group of Mladiinfo: youth aged 16-35 from Central and South East Europe, slight preference would be given to candidates coming from these regions;
- The position is part-time and it foresees 20 working hours per week (Note that this is not entirely office-based position, the community builder can work on its project and coordinate with the team virtually, or can combine its hours by being in Mladiinfo’s office or working online);
- The remuneration will commensurate with experience and availability of the candidate (Please note that Mladiinfo prefers to employ candidates that would like to grow both personally and professionally within our team and who see themselves working in the civil sector).
How to apply?
If this sounds like your dream job, don’t hesitate to apply by sending us the following documents:
- Short cover letter answering the following three questions:
A) Why Mladiinfo needs a virtual community?
B) Why I should be Mladiinfo’s Community Builder, what added value I will bring to the community process?
C) Where do I see the community in 2-year time?
3. Samples from published texts / organized digital community activities;
4. Contact details of two previous employers (if this is your first job experience, please let us know).
Please send all the requested materials on e-mail: [email protected] no later than 26 October 2017 (Note that only complete applications will be taken into consideration).
Only the best candidates with most inspiring profiles will be invited for an interview (Please use the same address to write us if you have any questions or concerns).
Join us on this unforgettable journey and help us give birth to a unique youth initiative 🙂