Deadline: 15 November 2017
Open to: international students
Awards: proportional to demonstrated financial need and enough to cover tution costs
Nominations are ongoing for the Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award 2018-2019. The Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award recognizes outstanding international undergraduate students from impoverished or war-torn areas who have achieved academic excellence under difficult circumstances, and who would be unable to attend university without financial assistance.
The Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award can be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study or to degree completion, whichever is less. Your award may renew provided you achieve satisfactory academic standing in your faculty, continue to demonstrate financial need, and maintain your Canadian study permit (student visa).
- Be applying for your first undergraduate degree;
- be admissible to the first-choice degree you are applying to, including meeting UBC’s English Language Admission Standard;
- Have an excellent academic record (at least an “A” average or equivalent standard);
- Be an international student – neither a Canadian citizen nor a permanent resident of Canada – and be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit (student visa);
- Demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree;
- Be entering a UBC undergraduate degree program from a recognized secondary school, college, or another university.
The value of the award is proportional to demonstrated financial need and enough to cover tuition costs for your program of study, including living expenses.
How to Apply?
In order to apply fill the application form.
For more information please visit the official website.