Deadline: 15 November 2017
Open to: international applicants
Fellowship: USD 10,000
The Amelia Earhart Fellowship was established in 1938 in honor of famed pilot and Zontian, Amelia Earhart.
Globally, women make up less than 30 percent of the workforce in physics, computer sciences, and engineering, according to U.S. News & World Report. In an effort to carry out its mission that women have access to all resources and are represented in decision-making positions on an equal basis with men, Zonta International offers the Amelia Earhart Fellowship.
- Women of any nationality pursuing a Ph.D./doctoral degree who demonstrate a superior academic record in the field of aerospace-related sciences or aerospace-related engineering are eligible;
- Applicants must be registered in a full-time Ph.D./doctoral program when funds are received in September and must not graduate before April 2018;
- Post-doctoral research programs are not eligible for the Fellowship;
- Members and employees of Zonta International or the Zonta International Foundation are also not eligible to apply for the Fellowship
- Previous Amelia Earhart Fellows are not eligible to apply to renew the Fellowship for the second year.
- The USD 10,000 Fellowship is awarded annually to 35 women pursuing Ph.D./doctoral degrees in aerospace-related sciences or aerospace-related engineering. It may be used at any university or college offering accredited post-graduate courses and degrees in these fields;
- For domestic and foreign recipients studying in the united states, fellowship funds used for tuition, books, fees, supplies or required equipment for the program of study are not considered taxable income. withholding taxes may be required on funds used for living expenses or other non- qualification expense;
- Fellows may accept additional grants and scholarship from other sources.
How to Apply?
In order to apply fill the application form.
For more information please visit official website.