Deadline: 01 March 2018
Open to: non-Dutch students
Scholarship: 5,000 EUR per year for a maximum duration of two years
Applications are invited for Utrecht University Geosciences Scholarships for students who have a highest academic achievement to study in 2018. Scholarships are available to outstanding prospective non-Dutch students who have completed a bachelor’s programme.
The scholarship is designed to make a significant contribution towards the costs of travel and living while studying in Utrecht; however, it will be necessary to find additional funding to completely finance your study and stay in Utrecht.
Utrecht University is a university in Utrecht, the Netherlands. It is one of the oldest universities in the Netherlands and one of the largest in Europe.
The applicant should:
- Hold a non-Dutch passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study for grants and loans;
- Have been admitted to a Master’s Programme within the Utrecht University Graduate School Geosciences;
- Hold a relevant Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent thereof from a non-Dutch university with a Grade Point Average of 7, 5 or higher according to the Dutch grade system. In the Netherlands grades from 1.0 up to 10.0 are used, with 1 being lowest and 10 the highest. A GPA of 7,5 is (for instance) comparable with at least a 60% in the UK and a B+ (or a 3.3) in the United States;
- Belong to the top 20% of his/her final undergraduate year, as evidenced by a university statement; 5. Be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa (only for students from non-EEA countries).
Selected Master’s students are awarded a scholarship up to a maximum of 5,000 EUR per year, for a maximum duration of two years. In total, this amounts to 10,000 Euro.
How to apply?
Include in your application:
- The completed Geosciences Scholarship application form;
- Your bachelor’s thesis or equivalent thereof in English;
- A motivation letter of one page, explaining why this scholarship should be awarded to you.
It is strongly advised to send the scholarship application at the same time as your application for the Master’s Programme. Please send the application form for the Geosciences Scholarship by e-mail [email protected] put “Application Geosciences Scholarship” in the subject of the e-mail.
For more information please visit the official website.