Deadline: 24 November 2017
Open to: international applicants
Benefits: paid internship
The United Nations System Staff College (UNSSC) is looking for interns with its headquarters in Turin, Italy.
The selected intern will apply her/his skills in the field of communications to support the activities of the UNSSC Directorate. S/he will gain understanding of the UN’s work in general, and in the area of communications, in particular. The incumbent will report to the Policy and
Corporate Coordination Officer, under the daily guidance of the UNSSC Communications focal point.
Specifically, the intern will be responsible for the following activities:
- Updating social media platforms regularly with platform-specific content;
- Drafting communication materials including mailers, newsletters and web content;
- Supporting the execution of communication campaigns, events and other outreach
- Assisting in drafting press releases, speeches and articles.
- Assisting with research, provide substantive and administrative assistance as required and perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Applicants can be considered if they meet one of the following:
- Are enrolled in a Master’s or in a Ph.D. programme; or
- Are enrolled in the final year of a Bachelor’s programme; or
- Are within one year after graduation from a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. programme.
in the field of communications, public relations, languages, journalism or equivalent.
Previous work experience is not required, however experience in the field of
communications and public relations and experience working with professional social
media platforms are considered an asset. Knowledge of the UN is an advantage.
Excellent command of written and spoken English required. Knowledge of Italian is preferable.
Excellent computer skills in the Microsoft Office suite.
Other skills and competencies:
- Ability to learn and act in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- High motivation to learn and grow professionally.
Ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment and to maintain effective
working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds;
How to Apply?
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae (resume);
- A motivation letter, specifying why you would like to be considered for this internship;
- For applicants who are currently enrolled in a degree programme, an endorsement from their University or Sponsoring Institution is required;
- Applications should be submitted by e-mail to: [email protected]
- Please indicate in the subject “Application for Internship vacancy announcement 007″
For more information please visit the official call.